1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV and Cinema device: not working

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by rickeame, Oct 14, 2011.

1. rickeame

rickeame Legend

Sep 5, 2006
    I have MRV and installed the new cinema device. The DVR recognized it, and I set about setting it up. That's where the fun starts. Sporadically, the DVR will forget that thing even exists, and then it will completely disable MRV so that I have to reboot all of the receivers. I finally took the stupid wireless adapter out of the rotation so that MRV would work, but we really would like the on demand to work.

Any thoughts?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
  3. rickeame

rickeame Legend

Sep 5, 2006
    HR24 DVR, the new Cinema Connection Kit, and MRV enabled. First, I think it's WEIRD that having MRV kills the ethernet -- that's a strange design. But anyway, I have it connected via the coax as per the instructions and it just keeps forgetting it's there and prompts me to set it up repeatedly.

4. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    So what you mean is you're using the coax networking [DECA], and yes if you plug in a ethernet cable, you disable the DECA.
    Now when you say "per the instructions", could you be more specific?
    There are several ways in the booklet and a couple that aren't in the booklet, as it is a very flexible device.

5. rickeame

rickeame Legend

Sep 5, 2006
    Method I am using:

Single LNB wire going into the Cinema device. Coax then from that device to the HR24. No Ethernet cables involved. Wait for HR24 to see it, set it up as a wireless device and connect it to the wireless network in the house. Works for a bit, then goes nuts.

Is it possible to connect it to the WIRED network in the house or is it ONLY wireless?

6. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    Yes, you can use the Wireless Cinema Connection Kit on a WIRED network in the house using the ethernet port.

7. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    "Yep" but you'd better turn off the wireless first or you'll lock up your network.

8. rickeame

rickeame Legend

Sep 5, 2006
    Okay -- I'm hoping that is a simple process....I'll give it a try tonight and see if it helps.