1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV and cinema plus istalled, internet slow

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by mitch300, Oct 14, 2011.

1. mitch300

mitch300 Mentor

Dec 13, 2006
    Yesterday I had my MRV, cinema plus and new HD DVR for 3d installed by Directtv. When the guy hooked everything up my internet speed almost went to half. On my speed test it went from 3.90 to 1.80. He said he didn't know much about the internet. After he left I called directtv and they said that the swim ? and the other hook up should not have any effect on my download speed. BTW I purchased a router which I did not have for this. I know nothing about this kind of stuff so I thought I would come here for answers.

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Unless you are downloading something to your HD DVR via DIRECTV on Demand there should be no speed impact on your internet connection.

Just to make sure why not disconnect the broadband DECA unit that interconnects the DIRECTV network to your router, should be a blue cable, and then see if the speed is the same. If yes double check your routers setup, do you have the connection to your modem connected via the WAN port and not just one of the switched ports for example?

3. mitch300

mitch300 Mentor

Dec 13, 2006
    Rad, I'm at work so I can't check right now. Thank you very much for giving me a direction to look at. I really appreciate it.

4. mitch300

mitch300 Mentor

Dec 13, 2006
    I forgot to mention I downloaded a epsidoe of Desperate house wives for the wife and during the download on the screen it said lost internet connection. So the download had to start over again. It's taking forever to down load. I'm talking on a 50 minute show it takes about 15 minutes to download like 2-4 % of the show.