1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV broken after one receiver received 0x40d software upgrade

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by bgoering, Aug 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. bgoering

bgoering New Member

Aug 20, 2010
    I have a strange issue - my setup is two DirecTV HD/DVR boxes. First is a HR20/100, 2nd is a HR22/100. Up until Thursday my MRV was working fine and dandy. I did not invest in the DirecTV network kit as I have full 100 Mbit plus connectivity between the two boxes via Wireless N bridging. Anyway, I digress. At 2:35 AM Friday my HR22/100 updated itself to software revision 0x40d - not sure what all changed, but where I used to configure Multi-Room in the menu, now I configure Whole-Home. What else changed is it will no longer talk to my HR20. On both boxes it shows as shared and authorized. Both boxes have networking as evidenced by the "On Demand" functionality of each works and I can download shows over the Internet.

So far I have tried - reboot both receivers (reset)
    Attempt to download new software for HR20 - did software download but still has 0x3df software that it has had since June 2.

Looking for ideas anyone? Are the revisions just not compatible? Anyone know how to revert my HR22 to previous software level?

Thanks in Advance - Bill

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    - You cannot revert the HR22 to the previous version
    - You can check the release note forum, for what the new software version brought to the table.
    - I believe the software versions are compatible, for MRV at least.

Have you tried a simple reboot of both systems?

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
  4. bgoering

bgoering New Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Yes, I have rebooted both systems and both routers - no joy. I will check the release notes. thanks

5. bgoering

bgoering New Member

Aug 20, 2010
    The two receivers still have their static IP addresses, and as mentioned above Internet access for On Demand seems to be working on each - guess I will try a reboot (again). Didn't see anything in the release notes threads that seemed pertinent.

6. bgoering

bgoering New Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Well guys - I forced an update on the HR22 and it went back to 0x3de and all is working again. I expect DirecTV will force the update again at some time... We will see what happens

Bill

7. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    My HR21 updated to 0x40d at 05:48am EDT.

Today my living room tv has had small pixellating events with lost of sound several times today as if a approaching storm was coming, but it been a clear day here in the lower Hudson Valley.

Will report on my bedroom HR21 tomorrow as I put my bedroom set on the timer before I fall asleep. I unusually watch tv for a hour or two before I fall asleep. That should be long enough.