1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV connectivity working sporadically

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by ReachTwo, May 20, 2010.

1. ReachTwo

ReachTwo New Member

May 19, 2010
    Had MRV/DECA installed this Saturday with 2 HR-24 DVRs. No other DVRs or receivers in my house. Install went well and MRV was working well . A few hours later, noticed that the DVRs were both losing connectivity with each other.

Here is the pattern.

Family room DVR displays the integrated playlist but does not allow a program from the bedroom DVR to play. Instead, it gives an error message stating " Playback failed. No audio/video data packets received from server".

Meanwhile, the bedroom DVR eventually stops displaying an integrated playlist. Under info&test>more system info>Network>>, both DVRs still display " coax connected".

MRV starts working after I restart both DVRs. This works for a few hours to an entire day and then the problem begins again. Somewhat tiring having to restart the DVRs over and over. I have checked all the connections from the dish to the wiring involved. SWM LNB on dish to splitter. From splitter, 1 cable each to both DVRs ( HR24 has built in DECAs) and 1 cable to the DECA located in my entertainment center. DECA is plugged into a powersupply and a CAT5 cable plugs into my router/switch for internet connectivity. It appears that the technician installed everything correctly. I am suspecting that one of the HR-24 units might have a defective DECA.

Very frustrating. Contacted DirecTV and they will be sending a tech out sometime next week to diagnose and fix the problem.

Anyone else experienced a similar problem and if so, any ideas on fixing it?

2. hobie346

hobie346 Icon

Feb 23, 2007
    You have, I believe a 90 day warranty where DirecTV will fix/replace any part of the system. I would call them immediately.