1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV (dumb) questions - dual tuner/external hard drive

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by brenta1x, May 20, 2010.

1. brenta1x

brenta1x Cool Member

May 20, 2010
    Looked around for an answer before posting...I swear! I have two HR-21s and two HR-22s. If I have MRV installed am I still able to record two shows at once on each DVR?

One of my DVRs is hooked up to an external hard drive. Will I be able to MRV those shows to the other boxes?

Thanks!

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    yes & yes

3. brenta1x

brenta1x Cool Member

May 20, 2010
    Thanks! (Not that I'll ever need to record 8 shows in one hour...but you never know!)

4. taylorhively

taylorhively AllStar

Nov 29, 2006
    Haha, I do. That's why I have 4.
    Tuners 1-4 ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX doesn't happen often these days but there have been times all 4 are going. One tuner dedicated to each network to avoid conflicts.
    Tuners 5-6 USA, Syfy, Food Net, WB, HBO, Comedy, Discovery, History, etc.,etc. This box gets the most use.
    Tuners 7-8 Almost exclusively for sporting events. Sometimes movies as well.

I'm adding a 5th DVR, an HR24, to replace one of my existing ones (upgrading.) I'll have all 5 running temporarily before I return it to D*

5. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009
    I've definitely had 7 going at once but don't think I've even gone higher. 4-5 is not that unusual for me.