1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MRV DVR change

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by dieguy, Nov 12, 2012.

1. dieguy

dieguy BIG Dish alum

May 27, 2008
    NW OHIO
    I have MRV subscription. My main DVR is a HR-24. I want to replace the HR-24 with a HR-34. Do I have to cal D*** before I exchange the receivers or can I change them and then call D*** to activate the HR-34 and make it the main receiver in the MRV?

Thanks in advance for the info.

2. caseyf5

caseyf5 DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 21, 2009
    Bethpage,...
    Hello dieguy,

I have always swapped out the old piece of equipment for the new one and then powered on the new one before calling in D*** to activate the new equipment. I also told them the status of the old equipment such as moving to a new room or sending it back home to D*** :icon_cry: . In the latter case a recovery kit needed to be sent. :hurah:

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    You said your main DVR is a 24; do you have any other DVRs or receivers?

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    And do you currently have SWM?

5. dieguy

dieguy BIG Dish alum

May 27, 2008
    NW OHIO
    First, thanks for the replies.
    Yes, there is a another HR-24 and a-H-25 part of the set up.

Also installing a SWM-16.
    All DYI. I hate to wait for techs.

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Ok.

If I was upgrading to a 34, I'd keep the hr24 and get rid of the h25. Additional backup recordings plus ability to pause, FF and Rewind live TV. No additional monthly fees. Unless you need the 25 for its size.

7. dieguy

dieguy BIG Dish alum

May 27, 2008
    NW OHIO
    Dood idea. I will do that.

8. otaliema

otaliema AllStar

Aug 9, 2012
    Mid-west USA
    As long as everything is working right. There wont be anythign special for activation in the D* systems it will just start a 24 month contract the day it's activated as all HR34 are leased.