1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV HR24 Recording Problem? 3 Shows at once won't work

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by mikeap, Jan 7, 2012.

1. mikeap

mikeap Mentor

Jun 17, 2007
    I have 4 HR24s with MRV. If I record 2 shows at the same time, and then want to record a 3rd at the same time, when I go to record the third, it says I must cancel one of the first 2. Can this be true?
    Why won't it offer to record on one of my other 3 HR24s around the home?

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Because collaborative scheduling is still on the "Something we want, but DirecTv hasnt written" list for the software.

3. mikeap

mikeap Mentor

Jun 17, 2007
    Bummer. But thanks for the info.

But if I put an H25 there I could then record 6 shows at once, right? As it would keep suggesting my other 3 HR24s?

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Right, you can manually choose a DVR to record on with the H25, but it isnt collaborative, in other words, if the DVR you select already has two scheduled recordings, it would still give you an error and tell you to choose another DVR.

It seems like the logic is there to do it, they just havent done it yet, for whatever reason.

5. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I use the DIRECTV app on my Android phone to set up remote recordings. Decent work around until collaborative scheduling shows up.

6. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Because Collaborative Scheduling is on our Wishlist for Directv. You only have 2 tuners so you can only Record 2 Events.