1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV, MDU, & cable MODEM

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by lovswr, May 24, 2010.

1. lovswr

lovswr Godfather

Jan 12, 2004
    Riverview, FL
    See what I did with the thread title :grin:

Well, I live in a apartment unit, & I have a Comcast cable modem & cable TV service. Now my question is , of course, can I keep the cable modem & have DeCA on the same coax? My complex is going to charge me a $150.00 "fee" for the right to get DBS installed & I can't have the tech pull new cable, but this will all be moot, if the cable modem & MRV cannot coexist. TIA!

2. djousma

djousma Legend

Jan 22, 2007
    How can cable modem and DBS exist on the same line.....they cant.

Your sig is confusing, in that you list all this DTV equipment, but your post says you have cable service. did you just move?

3. ffemtreed

ffemtreed Icon

Jan 30, 2008
    you are going to need seperate lines for your cable modem and satellite.

If DSL is available to you that may be an option since it would free up your coax line to be used for satellite and your internet would share your phone lines.

4. lovswr

lovswr Godfather

Jan 12, 2004
    Riverview, FL
    Yes, I just moved. I was a D* customer for the better part of 6 years. This is a total bummer. :(

5. lovswr

lovswr Godfather

Jan 12, 2004
    Riverview, FL
    Well that is a no-go. I have been stuck on Bellsouth's crappy 6M DSL since 2001. Moved to this apartment a few months ago & got 16/2 service. 'Aint going back. This totally sucks! (also, I don't even have a landline anymore :grin:)