1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mchouse, Nov 13, 2010.

1. mchouse

mchouse Mentor

Apr 2, 2007
    I was under the impression that you could watch 2 recorded shows from 1 dvr on 2 tvs. I have 2 hr24s and I went to my playlist and there was a red dot with a line through it on recordings that were on the other hr24 and it said bedroom dvr playlist was already in use and I couldnt access those recordings is that right ?

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    A HD DVR can stream out to only one other device at a time, either another HD DVR, HD receiver or DirecTV2PC.

3. mchouse

mchouse Mentor

Apr 2, 2007
    So if Im watching a recording on that dvr I cant watch a recording from the same dvr on another tv ?

4. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    If the recording you're watching was recorded on that DVR then yse you can watch something else recorded on that DVR on another receiver. It's just that you can view two or more programs from the same HD DVR via MRV on other receivers.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    No, you can, "if" you're watching the recording locally [on the DVR] you can then also watch the same recording remotely at "one" other location.
    What you can't do is to watch more than one recording from the same DVR from two remote locations.

6. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    what if I'm getting that error and I'm not watching anything? As in, I have an H24 and it shows the icon, and the HR20 that it's trying to play from not being used?

7. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Then something's hung up on the HR20, do a reboot to clear it up.

8. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    ok, i'll give that a try. It seems like I've been having a few bugs the last few weeks. Playlists were not matching up so I rebooted, that seemed to fix that (after rebooting all 3 machines 2 HR's and 1 H) now it's this problem. I bet it will get worse before it gets better when I install my new AirPort Extreme in tomorrow.

<> rebooting now... just have to wait 5-10 minutes..

9. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    well that reboot fixed it..

now I hope installing the new AirPort Extreme is as easy.

10. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Also, always use the Menu Reset Method to Reboot your DVR unless it is hung up and unresponsive.

11. TEN89

TEN89 Legend

Jun 27, 2003
    No

12. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    I've got an AirPort Extreme and it was really easy to setup. I haven't had any trouble with mine.

I'm sure you'll like it... enjoy! :)

13. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR

Hey there fellow Beaver (yesterday sucked :( )

Did you give static addresses to your receivers? If so, any tips for that? I'm a new Mac user, and definitely no networking guru.

14. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Yup... pretty depressing... had to have a couple extra beers after the game.

I used reserved addresses for a while, but recently switched back to DHCP for testing purposes. (No problems yet :)) Static addresses seem to be more reliable with the HR2x's though. I don't think you can go wrong using them.

You don't really have to do anything in the airport setup for static addresses. The just set your HR's address to one outside the default range of the airport.

It looks like the default range for the extreme is 10.0.1.2 to 10.0.1.200. So if that is the case, you can set your receivers to use 10.0.1.201 and 202 etc, etc.

15. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    cool, thanks.