1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mrv question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by tWs|BullDog, May 25, 2010.

1. tWs|BullDog

tWs|BullDog Cool Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I have an HR20,HR21 and a HR24-500 all connected via ethernet. I donot have any HD non dvrs. Can i still use the MRV and share my playlist between 3 HD dvrs. I spoke to a CSR from directv who wanted to charge me 150 bucks to set it up, but before i do that i want to make sure it will work first

Fred

2. djrobx

djrobx Godfather

Jan 26, 2009
    Yes.

For the fee, DIRECTV will come and replace your perfectly good ethernet network with DECA coax based networking. Unfortunately it appears that if you were not a part of the BETA they will not allow you to use your ethernet network.

3. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    This is wrong. I just got it turned on yesterday using my home ethernet network Check out this thread if you want to use your home network instead of DECA.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=177590

4. tWs|BullDog

tWs|BullDog Cool Member

Apr 3, 2007
    that doesnt really anwser my questions. I want to know can i use a hddvr to watch something recored on another HD dvr. I thought at least in the beta it was only hd non dvr boxes could only play items from hddvrs

Fred

5. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    Any HD receiver or HD DVR can play things recorded on any HD DVR. Same in Beta. Currently you can schedule a recording on any HD DVR from an HD receiver, but not from a different DVR.

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    If you get the "whole home DVR" service added to your account, yes you can watch recordings from any DVR you have with another DVR.

7. tWs|BullDog

tWs|BullDog Cool Member

Apr 3, 2007
    thank you for the anwser, now i have to try and get it added with out have have to pay for deca install

Fred

8. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Look at Doug's sticky post at the top of this forum.