1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MRV Setup Help for 2 HR2x

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by totoros, Dec 31, 2011.

1. totoros

totoros AllStar

May 13, 2008
    My friend had MRV working fine connected over coax with his HR24 and H24 and it was hooked up to his Internet via DECA. He has since then switched his H24 for a HR23 and now the receivers don't see each other but both say they are authorized for MRV.

I realized his HR23 needed a DECA so as a test, we took out the DECA connected to his Internet and put it on the HR23 to see if the receivers would still see each other but they still didn't. Is there something I am missing?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    "Yeah", the HR23 does need a DECA, but when you used the BB DECA on it, you lost the router connection and so lost the IP control. You needed to reset networking defaults and have rebooted each receiver for them to shift over to their internal IP of 169.xxx.xxx.xxx

3. totoros

totoros AllStar

May 13, 2008
    thanks. since he still wants to access dod, will dtv send him a deca for free or will he have to pay for one? If so, how much?

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    If DirecTV sent him the HR23, then they should have also sent a white DECA for it.
    If DirecTV didn't send it, I'd still call and ask them for one.