1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRV without DECA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by EricG, Jun 16, 2010.

1. EricG

EricG Godfather

Mar 28, 2002
    Here's my setup right now.
    HR21-100 connected via ethernet to my router, I can get all the VOD stuff.

Can I simply get an HR23, connect it to my router the same way and have MRV enabled to get MRV working or is it not quite that simple?

Thanks

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    You could, but you would need to get a CSR to set you up with MRV in Unsupported mode. If you are looking at getting an additional DVR, ask about the MRV Upgrade. You might be able to get a good deal with the new receiver and a DECA upgrade all at once.

Plus, if you don't have a SWiM installation, the DECA upgrade will get you that, which will make adding additional receivers easier down the road.

- Merg

3. geaux tigers

geaux tigers Icon

Nov 10, 2005
    That is how I am doing it. DirecTv does not support MRV via ethernet connection but they will enable it for you. I have never needed technical support regarding MRV so to me this is no big deal. Tell them you want MRV enabled but understand that they will not offer technical support. Some of the DirecTv operators are knowledgeable regarding this and some are not. Good luck.