1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MS Office Students and Teacher Edition

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Steve Mehs, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    What a crock!

this is what gets me
    So if i get the and my mom uses Word to type a letter, thats illegal. :rolleyes:

The thing that I dont understand, is how can they even say this since M$ will have no idea that your using the office applications for. Walmart even sells this, and I bet if you get a new employee that wont question you at all.

No way would I ever get this since its the samething as the standard edition and doesnt have all the programs i want, but its only $170.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/forstudents/default.asp#buy

2. Lew Stead

Lew Stead New Member

May 22, 2002
    I was shocked to see this in the local store. Many software companies have had these programs, but usually only through schools.