1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MSG Blackouts during Knicks and Rangers Games

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Mike S 12, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike S 12

Mike S 12 New Member

Apr 25, 2007
    My first post and I'm hoping someone can explain this. I subscribed to Direct TV last October and I receive MSG network and receive all the programming until the Knicks and Rangers games are on. Then I get blacked out and I don't understand why. When I had cable I received the games no problem. I live in the 06716 area code which is in New Haven County in Connecticut. From all that I have read on MSG's page I should get it (they haven't responded to my inquiry). In fact the games are always blacked out - even if they supposed to be broadcast on other channels picking up the feed. I would appreciate any help you can give me. I've contacted Direct TV numerous times however I really have not received a satisfactory explanation from them. Thanks.

2. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Per your zip code and info from the RSNs and Nielsens ratings/data, MSG is not in your market area. SNY, YES, NESN, Fox NE and Fox NY is. So, games are blacked out on MSG for you, sorry. But (I assume) since you subscribe to the Sports Pack or Premier, you get the channel sometimes.

3. mocciat

mocciat Icon

Oct 17, 2006
    where in Ct are you

4. mocciat

mocciat Icon

Oct 17, 2006
    beat me to it

5. Mike S 12

Mike S 12 New Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Thanks very much. I do subscribe to the sports pak and I do get MSG, except when the games are on. And yes I do get the other channels you listed. Where did you get this info from? Thanks again.

6. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Same place you'd get it. From DTV. Any CSR can look this up on the phone.

BTW, if you have HD, you should be getting YES in HD... :D

:welcome_s

7. Mike S 12

Mike S 12 New Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Yes I have ........ YES in HD. Those ARod homers look sweet in HD! SNY also was just added. I love HD and am generally very happy with Direct TV outside of this little MSG issue. But I'll deal with it. Again - thanks for your help.

8. raoul5788

raoul5788 Guest

May 13, 2006
    It makes no sense to me that you don't get MSG. I am in Cheshire, one town away, in the same county and same dma and I get it.

9. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Strange. Just out of morbid curiosity, which one of you is closer to NYC? MSG may claim your ZIP, but not Mike's.

10. raoul5788

raoul5788 Guest

May 13, 2006
    I am in Cheshire, but only by a few miles. In fact, some of Wolcott is closer than some of Cheshire.

11. garn9173

garn9173 Icon

Apr 4, 2005
    http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004

Type in your zip code and it'll bring up all of the RSN's assigned to your area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.