1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSG+ HD lip sync issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Rhythmx, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Rhythmx

Rhythmx Cool Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Noticed today during Devils game that the Lip sync error during pre game was off. Noticed it on all my sets. MSG HD is fine, and all other channels are great.

I am guessing this is just the provider?

Mark

2. Rkw1111

Rkw1111 Cool Member

Mar 14, 2006
    This has been happening since opening night....it is all of MSG + programming, including the Isles Rags right before your game...you would think someone at the controls might have noticed it by now

3. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    Not sure how that game is, but I only notice it is off between periods when you are actually seeing someone talk. In the Sabres games it is only milliseconds off.

4. Rhythmx

Rhythmx Cool Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Funny thing is, commercials look great. I did notice that the one set that does not have an optical audio connection does not exhibit this issue between periods. However, my other two sets that are connected via optical audio exhibit the issue. No other channel on these sets have the issue except MSG+ HD. Definitely something with the way they are syncing up the Dolby digital feed.

Mark

5. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    I always get lip synch issues with dolby digital turned on. Mostly from ABC

6. blueoyster

blueoyster Legend

May 3, 2007
    Besides that I'm getting streaking pixelation on some fast movement and some not so fast. The Capitals game it didn't happen. The opening night game against the Stars lots of streaking and some during the Pens game. During the Rangers-Isles game before the Dev's-Pens didn't seem to notice it. As soon as they switched to the Devils feed it was obvious. I have SD on all 4 TV's.

7. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    I have noticed lip synch errors on MSG on and off for years. It was particularly bad during the SD feeds we had to endure on NHL CI last season. It was present on the opening of the Isles/Rangers yesterday, but during the play I did not notice it and even thought the studio stuff in between periods was OK.

SMK

8. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Hey, at least they're not blue anymore! Did you see the start of the Isles v. Stars game? Not only was the sync off, but Howie and Butch were blue! The Isles new sweaters were red, it looked like the Habs. Fortunately, they signal went dead for about 30 seconds and it came back fixed right before the game actually started.