1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSNBC HD Ch.356 Video Breakups

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Taltizer, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Jul 7, 2010 #1 of 29
    Taltizer

Taltizer Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    This has been happening from the day it was added.The audio is fine but from time to time the video brakeup anyone else noticing this?.I sure wished Directv would fix this ongoing issue.Sometimes it seems to be getting worse.

2. Jul 7, 2010 #2 of 29
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I don't watch this channel that often but when I have watched it I haven't seen the problem you're reporting.

3. Jul 7, 2010 #3 of 29
    Taltizer

Taltizer Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    I watch it alot and yes it does happen and it seems to be more at night than in the day.

4. Jul 7, 2010 #4 of 29
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    When it's happening what's your signal reading on 103(ca) transponder 15, which is where MSNBC-HD is located?

5. Jul 7, 2010 #5 of 29
    Taltizer

Taltizer Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    97 and its a directv issue my dish was recently aligned and all signals are 95 or above.I have relatives with HD who have also witnessed it.Maybe you havent been watching at the times when it is happening today the were a few video breakups on 307 today.But this wa the first day ive seen it happen on that channel but MSNBC HD has had breakups from day one.Not constant but it happens from time to time.

6. Jul 7, 2010 #6 of 29
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    When I watch it it's usually for Countdown and then on the weekends and I've not seen any video breakup's.

7. Jul 7, 2010 #7 of 29
    Taltizer

Taltizer Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    Theres always someone on this forum that has to act like just because they dont see anything and others do that it must not be there.Ive seen it during countdown,ed show,rachel maddows,sometimes during the day.

8. Jul 7, 2010 #8 of 29
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    And there's always someone that has to act as the **** that thinks that they're always right and everyone else is wrong. All I said is that I've never seen it, never said that you aren't.

Time for a new addition to the ignore list.

9. Jul 7, 2010 #9 of 29
    hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    Every respondent is a data point. With enough data points, we can begin to make inferences about the nature of the problem. It was perfectly fine for someone to say they didn't notice any (they did not say the OP was deranged or hallucinating). If 50 people respond and 40 of them see it, while 10 don't, it still supports the presence of a problem. Let's not shoot the messenger, we need to know what the relative frequency of the problem is in order to make informed inferences as to its cause.

I watch that network a LOT, and I do see a few breakups. I saw one today, so put me in the "yes" column.:)

10. BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    I love when people come on here all angry and indignant, lashing out at the very one's they're asking for help. Not!:mad:

11. Taltizer

Taltizer Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    I came on here just to ask a simple question.Not expecting to be flammed over one simple question but there are those who come on the forum and no matter what someone says trys to make you think your seeing things or its your equipment or just get a kick out of starting arguments with posters.Maybe OP havent seen the issue but here lately when you come on to post and ask a simple question and others want to put down or argue Im not angry i just get tired of people who do like to argue.I guess I myself .Time for a new addition to my ignore list.

12. sdirv

sdirv Icon

Dec 14, 2008
    Flames????? What flames?????

I was noticing slight bouts of pixilation on MSNBC's HD channel (among a few others) since they were brought on-line on D12 (my signal levels were in the 60's). Had my dish aligned and haven't noticed it since (my signal levels are now in the 80's). Not like I'm watching it 24/7 though.

13. Taltizer

Taltizer Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    Got a call from Directv's Office of the President they are aware of the issue as they have recieved complaints about the channel and several of the other new additions they are going to try to correct the problems but no ETA yet.So hopefully they will get these issues resolved.Atleast they know there are issues.For those who are wanting to know.

14. Taltizer

Taltizer Legend

Sep 26, 2007
    The Video and Audio breakups are really bad today the breakups are occuring about every 5 to 10 mins. and at times the channel drops out all together with just a green screen then returns until the next breakup.They really need to take a look and fix this channel once and for all.

15. schlagle

schlagle Mentor

Nov 22, 2009
    Well, MSNBC does lean way to the left, so The Fox News Channel and Rush Limbaugh must be disrupting the signal!

16. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    I too am starting to notice the breakups. Not as bad as Taltizer, but definitely there.

17. sdirv

sdirv Icon

Dec 14, 2008
    I have noticed a few also, and AFTER D* aligned my dish. Although the best the tech did was get my readings into the mid-high 80's on 103(ca).

18. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    I doubt it has anything to do with signal strength.

19. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    In the vast majority of reports, I'm betting it doesn't. It's just one more thing to fix, and I'm sure they'll get to it. I haven't noticed any this morning at all (of course, I'm listening to Countdown and Rachael Maddow on my Ipod Touch):)

(That was a joke, so please don't tell me that I shouldn't have the problem on a podcast) One can't be too careful around here.:rolleyes:

20. john18

john18 Active Member

Nov 21, 2006
    I often record Countdown and Maddow, then speed through them once they are in my buffer. I have not noticed the problem, but will take a better look at it to see if I can add any further data.