1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSNBC to be in HD?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Earl Bonovich, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 8, 2007 #1 of 26
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
  2. Aug 8, 2007 #2 of 26
    bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    The phrase "lipstick on a pig" fits how I feel about this if it proves true.

ETA: I need to hear "Turner Classic Movie channel to be added in HD" for me to truly be excited.

3. Aug 8, 2007 #3 of 26
    Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    All three of their viewers should enjoy this. :D

4. Aug 8, 2007 #4 of 26
    ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    Exactly, well of their three viewers, probably only 1 has an HDTV so this will have an effective audience of 1. :)

5. Aug 8, 2007 #5 of 26
    dbconsultant

dbconsultant Hall Of Fame

Sep 13, 2005
    Temecula, CA

Ditto! I keep seeing the movie openings in 'windowbox' format (bars on all sides) and keep hoping they'll announce that they're going HD! We watch the old (Frankenstein, Dracula, etc.) movies on MonstersHD - they look great! Would love to see the same thing for Turner Classic Movies!

6. Aug 8, 2007 #6 of 26
    nataraj

nataraj Godfather

Feb 25, 2006
    I'd anyday watch Olbermann than CNN/FN.

Considering that CNN/FN cater mainly to conservatives, MSNBC could transform itslef into a more liberal network and gain a major share of the market. I'm surprised in a country with 50% dems, this has not dawned on the corporate media. Just look at the success of Jon Stewart / Colbert.

7. Aug 8, 2007 #7 of 26
    tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    I rather have Dan Rather Jon Stewart and Colbert in Hd at least their I get a good story

8. Aug 8, 2007 #8 of 26
    ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    ??huh?? You think MSNBC isn't already liberal? It sure is already, that is why their ratings are so low. Do you think that Jon Stewart actually delivers "news"? Yikes, that is scary if you think that. Its like saying you get your "news" from Dave Letterman or Jay Leno. Liberal TV news gets killed in the ratings, almost 2-1 by more middle of the road, less biased networks. Seems like that radio network Air America tried your theory for becoming popular. Lets see...how did they make out? Oh yeah, no listeners and bankrupt.

9. Aug 8, 2007 #9 of 26
    Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Careful guys. :D

10. nazz

nazz Legend

May 4, 2006
    You see CNN as conservative? I see them as centrist at best but primarily more liberal.

11. keith_benedict

keith_benedict Godfather

Jan 11, 2007
    Are you familiar with Air America? Liberals sunk a ton of money into this losing venture. I think the majority of Americans don't want their news slanted in one direction or the other. We want unbiased, uncoloured news that reports the news without the opinions of the authors/anchors/editors being included.

12. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    CNN/FN folded in 2004.

13. chopperjc

chopperjc Godfather

Oct 2, 2006
    That would be fox news.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS I would be the one. HD and like MSNBC.

14. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Make it +2 during my morning Mika! :lol:

Beauty & brains -- a lovely, but lethal combination....

15. purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
    I would certainly love to see MSNBC in HD. Any time you have a news organization (FNN) that tries to "shape" the war and not report the news, it cannot be considered "fair and balanced".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME8pt6njuq8

16. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    I don't watch the 24/7 "news" channels very much any more. They have become too glitzy, with special effects, split screens, pretty faces, crawling text, etc. I long for the days of Tom Brokaw, Walter Cronkite, Peter Jennings and the other real reporters of their day. Granted, there are many truly competent reporters on these channels, but they are usually relegated to background stories.
    Even the Weather channel has been caught up in the frenzy of "infotainment" -- trying to entertain while providing a bit of information. I watch the news/weather to be informed. I watch other channels to be entertained.

17. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Oh please...

18. CoriBright

CoriBright Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 30, 2002

Well two of those three live in this house... with two HDTVs, so yes, we'll be very happy.

19. DawgLink

DawgLink Woof Woof Woof

Nov 5, 2006
    Washington, DC
    The bottom line is....no TV station or radio station will ever be considered "fair and balanced" by this entire country.

Why?

Because unless it's slanted to the Republicans, Republicans will claim it has a liberal bias
    Because unless it's slanted to the Democrats, Democrats will claim it is a neo-con bias

It's rather sad and sickening that in today's world people in the middle can't voice their opinion without being slammed as a "Liberal" or "Right-winger" or whatever else both sides do

20. purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
    +1.
    I threw that one out there because it's sickening and sad how many people buy into the "fair and balanced" slogan they've used for a while now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.