1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

msnbchd is on!!!

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by janko, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Jul 8, 2009 #1 of 74
    janko

janko Mentor

Mar 15, 2008
    MSNBCHD its on on ch 209

2. Jul 8, 2009 #2 of 74
    janko

janko Mentor

Mar 15, 2008
    you may need to reset your rcv to get the channel...

3. Jul 8, 2009 #3 of 74
    valvestud

valvestud Mentor

Feb 19, 2006
    Got it here too.

4. Jul 8, 2009 #4 of 74
    phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Had to do a Check Switch Test as I kept getting an Error 04 message and the guide data was missing. Now I have it and it too will not be in my favorites guide.

5. Jul 8, 2009 #5 of 74
    Conway

Conway Legend

Oct 29, 2002
    It may not be included in the HD Absolute package.. I don't see it yet on mine.

6. Jul 8, 2009 #6 of 74
    SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Oh goody! HD to watch somebody sitting at a desk reading.

Whippeee.

7. Jul 8, 2009 #7 of 74
    coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Since HD Absolute's getting NO new channels except for the Platinum HD channels, why expect it there?

Also, agreed, SayWhat.

8. Jul 8, 2009 #8 of 74
    TubaSaxT

TubaSaxT Mentor

Jul 15, 2006
    Except Absolute folks got Comedy, Spike, BETJazz, and a few others when they weren't supposed to be getting any more HD channels. I agree Absolute customers shouldn't be expecting new additions, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if a new channel did appear.

9. Jul 8, 2009 #9 of 74
    Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    I kept getting the Error 04 message too so switched receivers to listen to music. Must have been happening when they added MSNBC HD. It seems to have cleared up by itself but will probably do a check switch today anyway.
    (Looks like we are having a nice day up here in Gods country. I think summer is back again.):D

10. moman19

moman19 Icon

Oct 22, 2004
    Funny :lol:

I guess we're finally getting to that point where there is more bandwidth available than is really required.......

11. FogCutter

FogCutter Godfather

Nov 6, 2006
    Ewwww!

12. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    It's active on both my 622s. So I get to watch Morning Joe in HD.
    Not surprising they used the same format as CNBC - programming on the left in a basically 4:3 setup with the extra width devoted to static material like weather.

13. moman19

moman19 Icon

Oct 22, 2004
    Well stated, BillJ. "...programming on the left..." both literally AND figuratively. :D

14. clyde sauls

clyde sauls Legend

Nov 16, 2007
    I changed to Turbo Gold Hd. Not showing but in red in the 9400s. I thought I read somewhere that at Team Summit they were going to do something . It is ridulous that they advertise turbo hd and the highest pkg gold doesnt receive all the hd channels.At least u should get in platinum pkg

15. ka8zay

ka8zay AllStar

Feb 11, 2009
    Not adding new channels to the Turbo packages mostly with News channels such as Fox and I guess now this is why I am done with Dish when my contract is up. I have dropped to the Silver package and dropped all the extra's because moving to Dish for ALL the HD packages has been a joke and I refuse to pay for SD channels just to get more HD when the whole point of Turbo HD was for HD only content. I should have stuck with D and never switched, see what they say about thinking the grass is greener on the other side ...it usually turns out its not.

16. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    While I agree Dish needs to get a jump on this backlash from not adding all the new HD to the TurboHD standalone packages... the argument that one would leave Dish rather than subscribe to Classic + HD doesn't hold as much water when you take into account no one else even attempts to offer an HD-only package.

So while I agree it is NOT palatable to have to go back to an SD+HD package when you are on an HD-only package (I'm on one myself)... it's not like I could go to DirecTV or cable and just pay for a cheaper HD package there either.

17. Krmnnghia

Krmnnghia Cool Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Oh Yah!

Mr "Thrill going up my leg" Chris Matthews in HD. :bang

Can we manually remove stations on the 722?

18. moman19

moman19 Icon

Oct 22, 2004
    Absolutely.

Hit the MENU button, then select LOCKS followed by CHANNEL LOCKS

19. am7crew

am7crew Legend

Jun 5, 2009
    why dont u guys stick to discussing how its another new HD channel on Dish and keep your political views and opinions to yourself.

20. Nashcat

Nashcat Legend

Dec 17, 2003
    Nashville, TN

Mine was a comment on their programming. It's not my opinion - it's an acknowledged fact.