1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTV says "Let's Do The Time Warp,Again"

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Steve615, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
  2. txtommy

txtommy Icon

Dec 30, 2006
    Why would you remake something that is already perfect? It would be like doing a remake of Casablanca.

3. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Because the entertainment industry today likes to idolize classics (movies, TV, music, etc) by butchering them in a pointless remake.

4. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    My mother-in-law was just commenting on how many remakes there are out there and I wasn't as aware of it, but apparently this is huge right now. I am a little hesitant to view remakes (or listen to them in the case of music).

5. dbconsultant

dbconsultant Hall Of Fame

Sep 13, 2005
    Temecula, CA
    Couldn't agree more, Smiddy! Most of the modern remakes just make me want to go back and watch the original again anyway! And as an earlier poster said regarding this remake of Rocky Horror - why mess with perfection?

6. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007
  7. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Hollywood doesn't want to take any chances; they only greenlight movies that they feel are SURE to make a profit, and one way to do this is to remake movies, TV shows, and other properties that they already have rights to and/or already have a "built-in" fan base.

That's why every classic TV show has either been remade or is in the process of being remade, and why the same 100 movies keep being remade over and over again.

The only new, fresh content comes from indie writer/directors, and it usually doesn't take them long to become corrupted by Hollywood.