1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Much-awaited PlayStation 3 makes U.S. debut

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Darkman, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    By Associated Press
    November 17, 2006

NEW YORK β€” Days of waiting paid off for Sergio Rodriguez, one of the relatively few able to buy Sony's PlayStation 3 when the coveted console went on sale early Friday.
    He was among the die-hard gamers and entrepreneurs across the country who braved foul weather and heckling by passers-by all week for the chance to shell out $500 or more for the sleek PS3, plus about $60 per game.

With shortages resulting from production problems, many had camped out for days without knowing if they'd be going home empty-handed. At some stores, the crowds got rowdy and stampeded for the shelves, injuring a man in Wisconsin and forcing authorities to shut down a Wal-Mart store in California.

In Connecticut, two armed thugs who got wise to the PS3's high price tried to rob a line of people waiting outside a Putnam Wal-Mart store at 3 a.m. One person who refused to give up the money was shot, state police said. In Lexington, Ky., four people waiting outside a Best Buy were hit by BB pellets, though none was seriously injured, according to WKYT, whose own reporter was hit as she interviewed buyers....

---
    ( The entire article is at the following source: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/gaming/article/0,1299,DRMN_25519_5151407,00.html )

2. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
  3. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
  4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Greedy brass turds and the OCD idiots who make their existence possible.

5. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    hehe...

Looking for suckers, looks like :)

6. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    What I find ironic is a lot of people are just buying them to resell them. Simple concept, but genius, pure genius. It’s all about ROI. I should have thought about this last year, buy an extra iPod or two for $300 a pop, stand in the Best Buy parking lot on Christmas eve and resell them for what $500, $600 even. Cha-Ching!

Supply and demand baby. I got your demand so supply me with some cash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.