1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Multi-Room Viewing Turned off!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by dkraft, May 20, 2010.

1. dkraft

dkraft AllStar

Aug 31, 2007
    I was using the beta version of the Multi Room Viewing and everything was fine. Then suddenly today IT STOPPED working and a message told me to call customer service for authorization.

I called customer service to tell them to turn it back on and they told me new equipment was needed. 99.00 upgrade and 49.00 installation.

I'm not mad about the cost for the upgrade but I am really pissed about cutting the service off with out notice.

I follow DBS talk a lot but did not see this coming (turning multi room viewing off with out notice)

Maybe it was me and I missed the notice, thread or something.

First time in 13 years that I hate Directv at the moment :)

2. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006

Can't see how you missed the notice. MRV went live on 5/13 with a grace period to 5/20. There are multiple threads dealing with the issue. You have a couple of choices.

Have DTV come out and make you official. (They provide the gear, suport and connectivity., $3.00/month) + install fees.

Continue with your own hardware and get DTV to turn on MRV as unsupported, You provide the support, but pay $3.00 a month. There are several threads on how to do this.

Bob

3. rob316

rob316 Legend

Jun 29, 2008
    It's been all over DBSTALK for the last couple days how could you have missed all the postings.:lol:

4. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    I was wondering when the first of these posts would show up.

You might want to look at the Connected Home sub-forum...

5. dkraft

dkraft AllStar

Aug 31, 2007
    Just mark me down as another idiot that does not pay attention :)

6. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Just call them back and have them activate it so that you can use your existing home network just like you have been. You'll stay have to pay the $3/mo, but they should be able to turn it back on immediately and you won't have to spend $150 in equipment.

7. stansher

stansher Mentor

Apr 29, 2006
    Just got off the phone with Direct. I have been using the beta on my gigabite network with no problem. I asked if I could go the unsupported route and they refused. Long story short and 150 later, I am having deca installed on Sunday. I will have my dish tweaked at the same time .

8. EricRobins

EricRobins Godfather

Feb 9, 2005
    I was able to get my "unsupported" system activated no problem. They even offered to do the DECA install for $49, but I declined.

9. tacua

tacua AllStar

Apr 22, 2008
    Does anyone know which transponders on D12 are:
    MSNBCHD
    TravelHD
    WGN HD
    Life HD
    Hallmark HD
    Many thanks,

10. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
  11. Sixto

Sixto DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    D12/TP19. Slight chance it's TP18, but I believe it's TP19.

12. hyde76

hyde76 Legend

Nov 26, 2007
    not at all. Don't all you folks realize that there's been some much bigger news the past couple of days that may have distracted some people from noticing that MRV was now out of Beta? I sure did not bother with those other threads. I was concentrating on D10 / D12. You did nothing wrong.

13. stansher

stansher Mentor

Apr 29, 2006
    I called back, they cancelled the install and activated it. thanks

14. TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin Icon

Jun 29, 2004
    I just had mine turned back on without the Deca upgrade also.

15. Janice805

Janice805 Legend

Nov 26, 2005
    dkraft ...Don't let people make you beat yourself up for "not paying attention" here. While I come to this board a couple of times a week, I don't have all day to read all posts about everything.

I think it's the responsibility of DIRECT TV (God forbid I say this) to notify US of imminent changes. Not necessarily in writing (if that's too much), but gadzooks, I mean I have an e-mail address listed on their website, but they've NEVER used it to notify me of ANY changes. They could have let us know that new channels were coming 05/19/10 (none of which I personally have any interest in, except maybe TRAV and I noticed they cleverly stuck HALLMARK MOVIES in the Extra Pack (which I won't pay for PERIOD)!!! They could also have sent an e-mail regarding the MRV shutoff, rather than me getting a strange message across (only 1 of my screens) which I didn't have time to read and lost it. AAAAAARG. Geez, some people don't even own computers. Come on Direct TV. Notify your customers in ADVANCE of any changes. Is that asking too much? P.S. And group, don't jump on me. These are only MY opinions.

16. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    I knew it was being turned off today and still, I waited until afterwards to make the switch.

Yeah, it's OK not to live, breathe and drink DBSTALK, although I won't admit that in public.

17. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    Apparently DTV wants all new unsupported requests to come in via email. There is a thread in the "connected home forum" that describes the process.

Bob

18. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Considering the major uptick in the amount of TVMail, they could have used that to announce the new channels. And they weren't being clever about Hallmark Movies. They don't carry a SD counterpart, so that's where it goes.

19. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    I'm moving this to the Connected Home forum.

20. msmith

msmith Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    I discovered today that placing a DECA order does NOT cause MRV to remain on. I had to call customer service to have it turned on again. It took the CSR a while to get it working and I had to run System Test before the re-hit took.