1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-Room

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by rockon1, May 12, 2010.

1. rockon1

rockon1 Mentor

Jan 12, 2006
    I have two hr20-700. Can i multi room both of them and share between them. Or is it just for dvr to nondvr.Right now they are both networked but don't see each other. I opted in on both of them for multi-room

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Yes, they will work together for MRV. If they cant see each other, try using static IP addresses.

3. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    The HR20's (all HD DVR's) can view recordings from any other HD DVR. Have you run the network test to make sure that the network connection is functioning correctly? You might also try doing a reboot on both of them to see if that helps.

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    You may have opted in, but did you select the option for the Playlist to show the programs on the other DVR? Bring up the Playlist and press the yellow button for the options.

5. rockon1

rockon1 Mentor

Jan 12, 2006
    I have on demand on both and I have checked the view all option. I think it might be because on one of the dvr I have connected to a computer and shares its wireless signal. The other dvr uses the linksys WET610N wireless bridge.

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    What do you mean by it shares its wireless signal? Is the other DVR connected via a cable to your wireless router? Is that router then connected to your cable/DSL modem?

- Merg

7. rockon1

rockon1 Mentor

Jan 12, 2006
    The computer is connected to the internet using a wireless connection. The dvr is connected to the computers ethernet port and shares the wireless connection that the computer is using. The computer acts as a hub.