1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Multi-Sport Pack HD

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by satlover25, Dec 30, 2011.

1. satlover25

satlover25 Mentor

Jan 3, 2006
    Can someone please help me understand who's decision is it...Dish or RSN...to not carry programming on the HD feed of the corresponding channel when I know for certain the game is available in HD? I get an immediate headache every time I see "check back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD"! I can no longer watch games broadcast in SD...gives me the same headache. 60" TV's are not designed to show sports in SD. This causes a seriously frustrating experience for a professed NCAA College Basketball Junkie. Equally as frustrating as when I heard Gus Johnson would no longer be calling NCAA Men's Basketball on CBS. I need to stop typing before you will be able to literally hear my scream of frustration through your PC/Apple/Android speaker! :grin:

2. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    The HD feeds on the Regional Sports are provided in Joined In Progress due to a bandwidth issue that DISH Network has. We can only carry so many regional sports simultaniously that we can only provide so many in HD and then the rest are in SD and will switch to HD when the bandwidith become available. I apologize for the inconvience this is causing you.

3. habsfan66

habsfan66 AllStar

Mar 25, 2010
    So any timeframe when this will be fixed? After all, according to your nauseating ads, you are the "Industry Leaders" in HD.

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Bandwidth deals with available transponders. Dish would either have to drop a lot of channels to free up the space or get larger satellites in orbit. Not a quick fix unfortunately.