1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-Sport + PPV Package???

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by FramundaCheeze, Nov 30, 2006.

1. FramundaCheeze

FramundaCheeze Legend

Jun 9, 2004
    I know if you purchase a ppv package such as NHL CI you get the games but no pre or post game shows. If you purchase the multi sport package you get all of the RSNs but the games are blacked out. If I were to order both, would a Predators game still be blacked out on the FSN channel or any other team for that matter? I'm just hoping that if I do this I wont have to flip between the channels. Also, I live in Philly( I dont need to explain the situation) If I got both packages would I be able to atleast watch Flyers road games through the opposing teams RSN like Flyers vs Avs on Altitude??

2. cyclone27

cyclone27 AllStar

Feb 1, 2006
    Blackout Restrictions on the RSNs would still apply. The games would just be available on the CI channels.
    On E* CI, pretty much all the Flyers games have been on regardless of if they were home or away. You just have to watch the other team's broadcast.

3. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    Ditto. It would be convenient and friendly to lift the blackout on the appropriate RSN channel for CI subscribers, but I guess that would be too much work for too little benefit. It also means that whenever an NHL replay is blacked out, even CI subs are out of luck. :(

OTOH, even though I'm not a CI sub this season, I saw a live Blue Jackets game in the clear this week on one of the Ohio RSNs while the other was still blacked out. :scratch: I love the Multi Sports Pack!

4. slapshot1959

slapshot1959 Legend

Jan 24, 2006
    in answer to your first question,I think you'll be able to see the pre and post games shows on their respective rsn only if you have both packages. Then the games won't be blacked out if you have CI.They would be available on two channels basically,in the 600 range and in the NHL CI range (764+).
    More often than not,the replays are not blacked out though.

5. FramundaCheeze

FramundaCheeze Legend

Jun 9, 2004
    I never heard about the replays not being blacked out....So do you guys think I would be able to catch Flyers replays on the opposing teams RSNs, or do the local blackouts apply on the replays as well?

6. slapshot1959

slapshot1959 Legend

Jan 24, 2006

I'm thinking you won't be blacked out.I never was and I'm in the most restrictive NHL tv market Chicago.

7. FramundaCheeze

FramundaCheeze Legend

Jun 9, 2004
    One more question......Would I be able to watch the Flyers replays if I were to JUST buy the Multi Sport package and not CI?

8. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    Any NHL replays you get will be because you purchased the Dish Multi Sport Package. Some but not all NHL replays are left unblocked. For the full long-as-your-arm list of what you get and don't get in the package, go here: http://www.carload.com/dishsports.htm