1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-switch Needs?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ghostdog, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghostdog

ghostdog AllStar

Jul 6, 2007
    Earl, did you ever receive an answer from DTV regarding the need for the WB68
    multi-switch to receive MPEG4 HD for those of us who have other switches,
    ie., 6802 for me?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I'm not Earl [Duh] but yes you need the wideband Zinwell WB68 to get the new HD channels [Ka lo].

3. ghostdog

ghostdog AllStar

Jul 6, 2007
    HUMMM, guess not.:rolleyes:

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Hey ghostdog,

Veryoldschool gave you the right answer - you cannot use the 6802, it is not a wide band multiswitch and will not work properly for the new HD feeds.

Please don't expect Earl to answer every question in every post - he's a pretty busy guy and there are a lot of other very knowledgeable and experienced people here who are dead-on with their answers. VOS is one of them, as are most of the other people who have the "cutting edge echelon" designation by their names (and that isn't meant to discredit all the other great people here by any means).

Carl

5. duck33

duck33 Legend

Aug 28, 2007
  6. ghostdog

ghostdog AllStar

Jul 6, 2007
    Everyone here is positive I will be SOL come the big day.
    If you are all right I will be the first to tip my hat................
    There are many of us who have been unable to convince DTV to change out the MS's.
    Earl was going to send a few e-mails. Sorry if I'm 'bothering' a very busy guy.

7. saryon

saryon Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    The WB68 can be picked up on Ebay real cheap, and it's a 5minute job to re-wire from a 4x8 to a 6x8 switch if you can easily reach the switch.......

8. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Sorry, if Earl had indicated to you he would do something, by all means follow up with him. That wasn't evident from the posts in this thread. Sometimes people look to Earl for answers when many can provide them. That's all I was trying to say.

I do wish you luck in getting your multiswitch changed out. While you can buy the correct multiswitch, I also agree you should not have to. My best suggestion is to continue to call DirecTV until you get a CSR who knows what is required and schedules you for the change. Good luck.

Carl

9. ghostdog

ghostdog AllStar

Jul 6, 2007
    That was a nice gentlemanly reply. Thanks Carl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.