1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi TV Receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by haggis444, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haggis444

haggis444 Legend

Jan 20, 2004
    Does anyone know if D* is going to come out with something like the Dish 322 receiver? It basically is one receiver, two remotes and two tuners that you can use to watch two separate channels on two separate TVs? Point is it works great for a house that has a lot of TVs, only pay the mirroring fee for one receiver, but you can feed two separate TVs? I have a friend who wants TIVO/D*, but this 322 receiver is tempting. Dish also has a PVR that does the same thing. Thanks.

2. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    Not in the near future. Direct is cheaper then Dish and Direct does not want to offer anything new, because they have their hands full with receivers they have and the CSR's that do not know how to trouble shoot or give any info on.

3. jwwahly

jwwahly Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 21, 2003
    actually this is being beta tested rigth now one box for the whole house

4. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Directv is CHEAPER?!!!!!! :lol: Thats a great one. If Directv is so cheap how is it that most if not all of their receivers are bugfree coming once they are released??!!! Say what you want about D* but at least they hire beta testers beforehand instead of making their subs the beta testers... :nono2:

5. Skip Towne

Skip Towne Godfather

Dec 20, 2003
    I'm not seeing much advantage to this. If there was one receiver for the whole house I suppose you could put the receiver in the attic or garage and run all the wiring to it. But if it shoots craps, you lose the whole system. I doubt the homeowner would want all that wiring run into the living room.

6. Jtater

Jtater AllStar

Jun 24, 2003
    Panasonic demo'd a model that was two tuners at CES. That was the second time I had heard about that type of unit. I had an installer tell me that they had completed some new installation training for a unit that was designed for multiple rooms or for those who want PIP on one TV.

7. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
  8. Mike123abc

Mike123abc Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    If there was a multi TV box available I would probably buy it for the extra TVs in the house. I have 4 TVs right now that do not have a reciever. They can recieve the reciever boxes from the rest of the house because I feed back the output to the cable system, but it is not the best.

If they had a 4 TV box for $5/month I would get it.

9. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    You dont do many DirecTV or Pegasus service calls do you. I order replacement receivers everyweek for my DirecTV and Pegasus customers.
    YES in my opion DirecTV is very cheep.

10. Crazy 1

Crazy 1 Legend

Oct 20, 2002
    D* is not nearly as cheap as Cheap Charlie. At least every D* reciever works right out of the box as advertised, That can't be said about E*. Sounds like your DirecTv/ Pegasus customers are pretty rough on satellite equiptment, something doesn't look right in this picture. :eek2:

11. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Junki from another DISH /DIRECTV dealer you better look at the facts again. Since March of last year when I picked up DirecTV again I haven't had a failure yet. In the same time frame I can't say the same for DISH. How many Dish Pro Twin ccs9601 LNBF's did you have that were bad how many 322/522s have had problems how much of a product shortage have you had since last November?

12. jwwahly

jwwahly Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 21, 2003
    Sorry I was so vague in what i said but all I know is there are supposed to be 20,000 units in the market being beta tested where as one unit will work the whole house. Basically a stacked or stackable reciever. I don't particularly care for this idea, just because IMHO after the box it would turn into a basic cable system and to me this is going backwards in technology instead of forward. But that IS just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.