1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Genie DVR's on one account

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by lorick, Jul 24, 2013.

1. lorick

lorick AllStar

Nov 16, 2005
    Does DirecTV allow more than one Genie DVR per account?

2. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    The simple answer is no. Whether it is a technical limitation of the Genie platform or just a policy I dont know

3. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    Since we have some users who got to beta test Genies and have more than one, I would say it is a policy decision and not technical. It may change in the future.

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Pretty sure it's a bit of both. I'm willing to bet the ranch- or a half acre of it- that one day, one fine day, all our children will be able to have multiple Genies.

5. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    At this time it is technical. Multiple Genies + Clients do not play well together (or I suppose you could say there is a legitamate technical reason the policy is enforced).

6. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Don't make promises or bets that you cant keep.

Signed

- Aaron Rodgers

7. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    It's no secret i have two genies And i can tell you there's technical reasons. Ill say the number if reasons has changed over time. :)

There's also IMHO logistical issues of several types that would need to be worked out to first for it to be available to everyone. I suspect sometime next year we might see two being allowed. However I don't know if or when we will ever see unlimited like we do now for regular two tuner DVrs.

8. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Well, wonder if there is a market for a five tuner DVR that does NOT work with RVU clients? An HR25

9. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    As someone who has 2 Genies I can tell you it's definitely technical.

10. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Is it technical from an RVU client standpoint or from any H/HR as a client standpoint?

11. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Herdfan we really can't say what the issues are.

But look at it this way, it really doesn't matter either. I don't see any way they are going to release it till you can put together a system that has two genies a wired mini a wireless mini a hd receiver and a hd DVr and have everything work right. And not all those solutions work correct right now.

12. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    No