1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Multiple Hopper recording issues

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by lifesun, Dec 9, 2013.

1. lifesun

lifesun Cool Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I looked through the forum and couldn't find any mention of the issue that I am experiencing:

I have a multiple Hopper/Joey system installed, 2 x Hopper1 models and 3 x Joeys. We have had the system installed and running since March with no issues until about a month ago. Basically, what is happening is that while watching a recorded event on the opposite Hopper, the recording will stop, go to a black screen and if any button is pressed other than stop, a red recording icon with a line through it pops up in the upper right corner of the screen. If you stop the recording, go back to live TV, then back to the DVR you are able to resume the recording from where it left off, but then it may happen several times again before the recording is finished.

At first this was only happening to my wife watching recordings on our main Hopper from the secondary Hopper, however, the opposite happened to us last night so it doesn't appear to be an issue with just one Hopper system. I have rebooted both Hoppers with no change, and there has been no wiring changes, etc. since the systems have been installed. Not sure if the Joeys are having the same issue as we mainly watch Live TV on those.

Anyone have any ideas before I contact DISH?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.