1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Multiple Joeys showing blank/black screen w/ Live Mode msg

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by shadow10-8, Feb 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. shadow10-8

shadow10-8 New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    First post, but didn't see this issue scanning back 6 months. Call w/ Dish support was worthless.

I have 1 Hopper w/ 3 Joeys that are all exhibiting the same issue. After working fine for over 6 months, all Joeys show linked to the Hopper, pull current guide info, and show correct tuner usage. When selecting a channel from the guide, I get a "must switch to Live Mode" msg and then get a blank/black screen. When selecting a recorded show from the DVR, I get a blank/black screen. Banner information is correct and the tuner information shows the Joey using the selected channel.

Walked through troubleshooting with Dish support, show have verified config, re-set both the Hopper and Joeys. Changed connection and currently have 1 Joey connected via coax, 1 hardwired Ethernet and 1 wireless Ethernet. I've tried bring the Joeys up separately after resets (to test for connectivity issue). I'm at a loss.

Hopper is running S334
    Joeys are running S286

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
  3. shadow10-8

shadow10-8 New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I PM'd a couple of DIRT members, but haven't seen a response yet. Could a DIRT member please respond? Thanks!