1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple stacked receivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by borissauer, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borissauer

borissauer New Member

Jan 17, 2006
    I will be placing all 4 receivers in one cabinet in my barroom. What is the best method for controlling 4 receivers without the remotes interfering with one another? Can I get a universal remote that can be programmed with individual device buttons for each of the 4 receivers? Do I need 4 seperate remotes, each programmed to control 1 receiver?

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    You will have to change each receiver to respond to different remote addresses. A universal remote can be programmed for each of those addresses.

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I'll add that due to heat, its a really bad idea to stack 4 receivers on top of each other. They need to all be on their own shelves with adequate spacing for heat dissipation.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I agree with CCarncross .... at least add a supplemental cooling fan to prevent overheating.

5. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Good luck finding 4 different addresses for current Directv receivers, plan on manual operation or covering/uncovering the IR windows.

6. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    Unless they are all H10/H20/HR20s (or even R15s, as I've heard) as they are all RF controllable and the remotes are locked to the individual receiver by the code entered in the remote, which is the last six digits of the receiver ID number.

7. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    To individually control more than 2 receivers, possibly three, you have to switch to RF. But you can have a couple of groups of receivers if you want on IR--until that day when someone wants something different. :D

Cheers,
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.