1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Multiple tuners on a single coax

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by AntAltMike, Oct 4, 2008.

1. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Is there any word on whether DISH will eventually have a capability similar to DirecTV's SWM (single wire multiswitch)? I just installed a DirecTV SWM system in a 170 unit highrise in which each residential unit has just one coax but can readily pull a second, and now they want me to do something for them to support DISH Network, but I doubt that many of them would be satisfied with the capabilities of a simple DPP, two-tuner-in-one-receiver maximum.

Most likely, I'll just put a DPP 44 in each junction closet for now and tell them to lump it.

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    DPP44 is as good as it gets.