1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiswitch problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by masterpjz9, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterpjz9

masterpjz9 Cool Member

Dec 9, 2005
    I have the new AT9 dish and a 6x8 multiswitch. The new H20 works great, but the old HD receiver I have hooked up upstairs and I'm having some trouble tuning to channels 70 and 71. They're both on satellite C so I think the multiswitch isn't recognizing the signal to change to that satellite. The cable run is the longest in the house so I guess I need to try to move the receiver to another location and see if I still get the problem. Sometimes the channels work but other times they don't. If it ends up being the cable run, what can I do to fix this? I can't make the run any shorter and the multiswitch is unpowered. If it's the multiswitch, would DirecTV send me a new one through their protection plan? I don't want to have to wait for them to send a tech out; I don't wanna sit there all day.

2. greywolf

greywolf DBSTalk Club Member

Jul 13, 2005
    A long run to an unpowered multiswitch may be your undoing. An 18VDC output at your receiver may drop too much to get even numbered transponders from the LNB. Using a 100% copper conductor RG6 such as Belden 1694A may do the trick. You probably have a copper coated steel center conductor right now which may not be a good enough conductor over a long distance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.