1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Music player

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by MarkA, Mar 7, 2004.

1. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    What software do you guys all use to play music on your computer? I'm just wondering what all's out there in use.

Personally I use iTunes and I really love it, it sounds great and has great organization features.

2. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I've been using Winamp since early 2000, currently using the newest version, 5.02 for MP3s and CDs.

3. Orcatek

Orcatek Legend

May 1, 2003
    Heck, Windows media player works for me. I really don't need any fancy features.

4. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Windows Media Player 9 is nice, I use it off and on for CDs. I like Winamp for the 10 band equalizer and full screen visualizations, mainly stuff by Ryan Geiss, like MilkDrop and Geiss 2.0. Those look cool on an LCD. if it wasn’t for that I’d use WMP too. It’s nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. Actually for normal CD playing I like the Windows CD Player the best, but it doesn’t appear to be included with XP so I use whatever the default is, Winamp or WMP, doesn’t matter.

5. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    The nice thing about WiMP is it can decode Pacific Microsonics HDCD in it's full quality - about the only part of WiMP that sounds good.

6. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    I use and like Musicmatch. The program is a little slow to load, but it works great, and has lots of features, if you subscribe.

7. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    I use musicmatch also. I like it's ease of use whn it comes to maintaing tags and organizing media libraries. It will also normalize volumes from track to track (volume leveling) so each song has the same relative volume when played in a jukebox.