1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Music plays half speed in Media share

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jmhenrie, Aug 28, 2013.

1. jmhenrie

jmhenrie New Member

Dec 6, 2002
    omak wa
    I recently got a new Gennie, and am trying to stream music to it. when I open the program I can see my computers show pictures, but when I try to play music all music is played at a very slow speed.
    MY music is in the music folder on my desktop or windows pro tablet but it is all in iTunes.
    does anyone now how to get the ITunes music to play at the correct speed
    thanks
    Mike

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    What file format are you music files?

3. jmhenrie

jmhenrie New Member

Dec 6, 2002
    omak wa
    The one song I downloaded from the cloud is MPA 4. The rest of them I try to play are still in the icloud.
    Thanks Mike

4. tomski35

tomski35 AllStar

Sep 7, 2007
    I gave up on media share and sprung for the Apple TV. So much easier if you're invested in iTines. That little device is awesome. I wish Apple were designing DVRs.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Does it have this problem with regular mp3 files?

6. jmhenrie

jmhenrie New Member

Dec 6, 2002
    omak wa
    good news bad news, was able to access the shared music file today and play the 3 songs that windows 7 came with they played fine, but as soon as I closed the program in Gennie I was not able to see this folder again. Not sure why I have to turn on sharing each time I access my computer from Gennie. tried coping a cd to my music folder but they copied in CDA format and the Directv Gennie does show them in the Play folder, I will have to research how to convert a cd to mp3 on my hard drive.
    the Music in ITunes still plays half speed.