1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Must Be "Bones" Day

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by SayWhat?, May 8, 2013.

1. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    At least on Encore Westerns

DeForest Kelley has been on twice so far, once in "Lawman" and now in "Have Gun, Will Travel"

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    And here I thought you were talking about Emily Deschanel ...

3. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Me too. That was a clever misdirect. That's pretty entertaining when what you expect is something completely different.

But briefly, as long as you bring up the Emily D topic, here is what I think is wrong with Bones, the TV show, which is that it is completely character driven. There appears to be a procedural aspect, but they never deliver on that; there is never a satisfying conclusion to any mystery that might appear along the way, so it becomes all character and dialog.

Well, the dialog ain't that clever, and I think the writers have been phoning that in for years now. Not only that, if you don't want to spend time with these characters, there is then just no reason to watch. I have grown pretty bored with every character on the show, other than the nerdy bug guy, who appears to be carrying the rest. Ironically, he was the only character I did NOT like in year 1.

I guess this explains why I have 35 or so unwatched eps on my DVR, that I am contemplating dumping.

Also ironic is that these guys (writers/producers) have the chops; The Finder was a much better show, which proves that they can give us quality. I just have not seen that in Bones now for quite some time.

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Bones is completely fomulaic. I do watch it but it is highly predictable ...

5. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    "Bones" is still on the air?

6. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    To answer that, just use your search function. It is on FOX, was renewed with little problem on FOX, repeats all summer on FOX, airs in syndication, and airs on TNT almost daily. It is way more successful than it has a right to be. Like Criminal Minds.

7. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    It shows you how close I paid attention to television the past few months.