1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MWC (The Mountain)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by lobofanina, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobofanina

lobofanina AllStar

Apr 14, 2007
    Is The Mountain ever coming to Directv? Is Comcast holding the deal up, Directv, or Dish Network?

My current Directv bill averages $300 a month, I wouldn't really mind paying up to $40 dollars a month just for the The Mountain. To add Comcast's basic Digital Cable package which has The Mountain is around $30 for the first 3 months then $70 afterward for 1 digital receiver. I'm not even remotely considering ever going back to Comcast or even adding it.

What if anything would people be willing to pay Directv to add the The Mountain?

Thanks for your responses.

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    IF it ever came to D* and yes Comcast is the hold up, no surprise there, it should/would just go to sports pack no extra fee.

3. cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    300 a month on Directv? WTF?

4. AWAX1978

AWAX1978 Cool Member

Nov 23, 2007
    What is the Mountain? Must be really special.

5. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    It is the Mountain West equivalent of the Big Ten Network.

Every one talks about BTN being landbreaking but the Mountain predates it by at least one year. It is just that the Mountain West conference doesn't carry the national weight of the Big Ten.

6. lobofanina

lobofanina AllStar

Apr 14, 2007
    Most Sports Packages(No NHL CI or Soccer), a lot of receivers, all movie channels, and a decent amount of PPV.

What does your monthly bill come to.

7. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Hey it adds up, I'm at $265 per month...

8. Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006

How many receivers do you have hooked up? The MTN is definitely a possibility for the upcoming football season. Let's hope...the two sides have been talking for a long time.

9. mattgwyther

mattgwyther Member

May 22, 2007
    Satelliterace saying it's possible is the best news us Mountain West (Utah) sports fans have heard in the 2 years since this joke of a network was formed!!!!

I guess our US Senator can finally get back to work trying to ban flag burning and recording Christmas albums (Thank you Mr Hatch)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.