1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My 622 doesn't like Justified

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by plasmacat, Jan 8, 2013.

1. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    My 622 won't let me select the first showing (7pm) of Justified to record. I press Select and nothing happens. It would let me select the 2nd or 3rd showing or any other show to record.
    I rebooted the DVR. Made no difference.
    How weird is that!

OK things got even weirder. I talked to a friend who has a 722k and his wouldn't let him select the first showing of Justified either.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    perhaps content provider block its recording

3. Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    My 622 recorded the first episode of Justified just fine.

4. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    My 722 (not K) got it and I'm watching it now.

Everything that DISH does has no rhyme or reason. Send your therapy bills to them.

5. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    My K recorded it, good episode, promising season based on this first show!

6. dclaypool

dclaypool Cool Member

Jul 10, 2005
    I had a different but odd experience on my 622. I had recorded the 9:00 CST showing. Sneaky FX had apparently sold a few more commercials, so it started showing up on the schedule as being 9:00-10:02 (repeat showings of the episode do not). Since my Daily Show timer and my wife's WWHL timer kicked in at 10:00 exactly, I found myself without the last few moments of the show. It was now about 11:08, and tuner 1 was recording Africa on DSC, and the program guide showed an encore showing of Justified at midnight, but when I tried to select it to use [Restore] it complained that it would stop recording Africa, treating this as if it was a current showing. More peculiar, and I've never seen this before, the line for FX in the EPG had changed to a solid blue, complimentary but different than other EPG colors.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    dclaypool, did you try cold reboot ?

8. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    Update - just wanted to say my 622 recorded the 2nd showing of Justified just fine.