1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 622 remote suddenly can't be reprogrammed. Any tricks to reenable it?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Silly Burrito, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silly Burrito

Silly Burrito Cool Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Something weird just happened. I had programmed the remote so that it would allow my A/V receiver to control the volume. It worked fine this morning, and then all of a sudden, it didn't work at all. The remote would work fine for all satellite functions, but it didn't even register a volume button press. So, I tried reprogramming it, but when I held down the AUX button, instead of all the other lights flashing, the AUX key rapidly flashes until I let it go. I tried the other buttons, and they are doing the same.

I called Dish, and they're sending me a replacement. They were awfully quick to do so, and while I wait, is there any other way to get the remote back into normal shape? I'm trying leaving the batteries out, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks!
    Keith

2. hughh

hughh AllStar

Sep 22, 2006
    Funny, same thing happened to my remote. I was able to power the tv ON this AM and when I went to turn it OFF later, it just wouldn't shut it off. I had to power off from the tv's front pannel. Later I tried to power back ON and the remote would not work.
    I have lost both the ability to power ON/OFF as well as VOLUME. I tried all the instructions in the book to no avail. Need help, please.
    Thanks,
    Hugh

3. Silly Burrito

Jan 31, 2004
    Just an FYI, I never did find a fix. However, I did reprogram a universal remote for the 622 (URC-6131) using JP1, and that works like a charm. So, when I get the Dish remote, it'll be a nice backup to my universal one.

4. F1Fan

F1Fan AllStar

Oct 8, 2006
    I wonder if Harmony Remote works with ViP622?

5. mikeyinokc

mikeyinokc AllStar

Jan 11, 2006
    There have been other discussions here concerning the Harmony remotes and a 622.

I can't speak with certainty on any remote except the 880. It does work very well with the 622. IIRC, several of the other Harmony remotes do as well, but since I only have the 880 that's all I can speak to.

6. hughh

hughh AllStar

Sep 22, 2006
    Well, I took thr batteries out and reinstalled them and that fixed the problem. It's like re-booting a pc!

Hugh

7. Silly Burrito

Jan 31, 2004
    I tried that, no go. I'm glad it worked for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.