1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My 722 has lost all recordings prior to today

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by KevinRS, Apr 30, 2013.

1. KevinRS

KevinRS AllStar

Oct 9, 2007
    The hard drive was getting full, was hoping to start catching up, and now everything's gone.
    I understand that the recordings are probably hopelessly gone, but how do I find what happened, and if it's going to repeat?
    on counters, going down to Hard Drive Counters:
    Dst: 0x00
    Hard Drive Info: 0x6024
    HDD High Temp:136
    Low 93
    average 122
    reformat partition 0x00
    Fsck: 0:04-27-13 7:19 am
    Transfer mode 0
    Fail FS Count 0
    Fail umount Count 4
    HDD SMART status 0
    HDD Last Fcode 0x0000
    HDD Start FCount 1
    RCount E:V:A:M 0:2:1:0
    MCount E:M 1:0
    DST Count:Result 0:0x00
    HDD EFS RW Fail count:0

Any of these give a clue. Anything else I should be checking? There was a power outage yesterday during the day, but it was working and had recordings last night.
    Do I need to call support and get them to replace it?

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Sometimes I've had recordings seemingly disappear. When I select the no folders option they appear. But I've never lost all recordings. I assume you've done a hard reboot (unplug fo 20 seconds, plug it back in, let it do it's thing)?

3. KevinRS

KevinRS AllStar

Oct 9, 2007
    I am trying the hard reboot now, doubt it will help. when I got home tonight, instead of lots of recordings and ~6 hours of HD space left, there were 4 recordings, all made today, and ~53 hours of HD space left. I'm going with the assumption that whatever happened, the DVR reformatted the hard drive, and then did the recordings starting this afternoon. The new recordings seem normal, no crazy times or anything.

4. KevinRS

KevinRS AllStar

Oct 9, 2007
    Hard reboot did nothing to change matters.
    Now I've got to sort through the shows I record, and figure out what episodes of what shows I've missed.

5. catnapped

catnapped AllStar

Dec 14, 2007
    Might be on borrowed time as those HDD temps are getting up there.