1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My bill?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Maleman, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    I pay my bill at the beginning of each month. Thus I made a payment July1. I added NFL ST July 14 and wanted a one time payment instead of the monthly option. My online bill shows a balance which is correct BUT why is it telling me to pay by July18? This is not my billing cycle.

Thanks

I noticed this has happened once or twice before.

2. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    The simplest (and only reliable) way to do this is to call them and ask. No one here could do more than speculate.

3. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Is July 18th normally when your bill is due? If it is, I wouldn't worry about it. You already paid what was due for that bill. I've had this happen before if I've made changes after I made a payment, before it was actually due.

4. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Hmmm statement date is the 29th of every month and due on the 17/18/19/20 . I had already paid the previous months balance.

I guess I will call and get clarification-thanks.

5. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Then you should be fine. You paid the amount that according to your June 29th statement was due by July 18th. Any charges after June 29th won't appear on any statement until July 29th and therefore aren't due until August 18th. Your online account is just showing a real time status. The actual invoice is what you need to pay against.

6. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    In theory :) but online says pay by July18. I will give them a call tonight or tomorrow to clear it up-thanks

7. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Yeah but what about the people that don't have their account setup online? They would never see what you are seeing until they get their bill next month. That's why I'm saying the official amount and due date is on your statement.

8. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    I'm guessing that it says pay by July 18th until it produces the next bill (which would be July 29th).

Have you noticed before that between the 1st, when you pay your bill, and the 18th, when your billed payment is actually due, that your on-line account still says 'pay by xx/18'? That would be my guess.

9. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Anything that happens after your bill is generated will also show up in activities since last bill. Your payment for your last bill is due on june 18th. However you already paid it so your fine. Since you have not yet been billed for the current balance it is not due. If you paid it early then your next bill would be normal but show the charge and payment.