1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My first swimline install

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by joe58, Apr 13, 2013.

1. joe58

joe58 Cool Member

Mar 30, 2007
    I am trying my luck at my first swimline dish install (having previously installed 2 of the old triple lnb dishes) but am having little luck. It is the Slimline 3LNB with swm built in the lnb (SL3-P I think). Also am trying to use a H21-100 receiver at aim with (as any meter would be well beyond by fiscal ability, go the dish free from father in law). The only signals I seem to be able to get are on 101, transpoders 28, 30, and 32 all of which are in the upper 80's. I have checked multiple times and am pretty sure I have it all hooked up correctly, dish to swm splitter using power passing port and then to PI and to dish from there. Any help on what I may be missing or aiming tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Triple sats aimed at the 110 satellite. Your new dish aims at the 101. Sounds like its hooked up right, but pointing at the wrong satellite. Try swinging it east about 9 degrees and recheck your elevation.

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Yup, getting only TPs 28, 30, and 32 means you are pointing at the 110 sat.

4. joe58

joe58 Cool Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Thanks. Will start again tomorrow and try again. You guys are great.

Joe

5. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Unless you are near the 110 longitude, you will have to adjust your elevation and likely the skew.

6. joe58

joe58 Cool Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Nine degrees to the right and a little elevation tweak and sure enough I found my signals. Thanks to all who helped. :)

Joe

1 person likes this.
  7. BobStokesbary

BobStokesbary Legend

Oct 24, 2010
    It's embarrasing when you do that isn't it. I share your pain. I did exactly the same thing on my second install in our RV. I was so sure I had 101. Fortunately, others on a forum like this pointed out that I too had done the setup on 110 instead of 101. And I was using a medium priced meter which did not save me the embarrasement of hitting 110.

Glad everything worked out for you.