1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My Genie caller ID not working all the time

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by vid53, Sep 28, 2013.

1. vid53

vid53 Legend

Jan 8, 2006
    I have a direct phone line to the Genie and my caller ID worked once after connecting it then stopped. I have reset the Genie and that did not help. I also turned notification off and then on and that did not work.Does anyone else have this problem and how to i get my caller ID to work?

2. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Mine quits all the time too. After a new software version downloaded last night, it is back to working again. We'll see for how long.

The weird thing is if you go into the actual Caller ID menu, all the calls are logged and show up there. They just don't display at the time of the call.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    CID has never been reliable with DirecTV