1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My H21-200 won't upgrade to the new HD GUI

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Hanzilla, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Hanzilla

Hanzilla New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    I just received another box for my house yesterday. (Not too happy they sent an H21, but that's another issue). I updated the software yesterday and even got a mail that said to enjoy the new interface. It still shows the same blue UI. My other two receivers (H24 and HR24) have the new UI. It says the current software is 44c5. What should I do? or is this normal? I live in Birmingham, AL.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    You'll need to wait at least until next week before the new software is available again.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Until the new HDGUI becomes the only GUI, the SDGUI will be in the stream during most waking hours. Your replacement receiver should get upgraded in the wee hours some night next week.

4. Hanzilla

Hanzilla New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Ok thanks guys.

5. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    same thing happened to me the day after we got the new GUI, 8 days later the replacement box was upgraded

6. Hanzilla

Hanzilla New Member

Dec 31, 2011
    I'm up late doing some work and boom. Downloaded the update 20 mins ago. Looks great. Thanks for the info. Saved me from calling customer service and probably not getting an answer.

7. jayfuel

jayfuel New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Hanzilla, do you have the HDgui on your h21-200 now? What software rev do you have?
    thanks.