1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My Hd-dvr freezes when I push fast forwarding

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by vid53, Oct 11, 2013.

1. vid53

vid53 Legend

Jan 8, 2006
    Does anyone else have this problem

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I have noticed my HR21 will freeze the picture for a few seconds when I start FF, but if I just bear with it, the picture does start to update. While the picture is frozen, the show is FF, I'm just not seeing it.

I think the HDD is going out (slowly) and I am not too worried as I really want an excuse to get a 44.

As for the OPs, I think we need some more detail: does it do it all the time, if he waits, does it come out of it, what model of DVR, etc.

3. vid53

vid53 Legend

Jan 8, 2006
    I have the HR24-200 and i just got off the phone with Directv and they are sending a new DVR out. One thing i did notice was, if i watched shows recorded on this HD/DVR, it works fine.So it looks like any shows recorded on the Genie upstairs are freezing when i fast forward them. Anyone have any ideas?

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    First thing to try is resetting ALL of your DVRs and Receivers.

5. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Doesn't he have to reset the Genie first? I don't have one and I'm curious. I think I read something about having to reset them first.

Rich

6. vid53

vid53 Legend

Jan 8, 2006
    I have restarted everything.The client upstairs works fine.The Genie works fine.But the HD/DVR downstairs drives me nuts. Every time you hit the fast forward button to progress up to the speed number4 it freezes.