1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My HR20 is running off the 3 lnb dish only 480p!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by gmoney, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmoney

gmoney AllStar

Sep 8, 2006
    The installer refused to put the 5 LNB dish on my roof mounted tripod. He said I would get the HD pakage just fine but not the locals with the 3 lnb! Well my HR20 is telling me that the HD package channels are only coming in at 480p! Isn't this low?? Shouldn't they be coming in at 720 or 1080??

2. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    Your installer might have done what mine did--he told the HR20 that 480p was the only resolution supported.

Go into setup and select all the resolutions your monitor will accept and it'll probably work.

3. jelia

jelia Cool Member

Oct 1, 2006
    yes i have 1080i on my current HR20 and the 3lnb dish its all about going into the setup and setting what resolutions your TV supports and then changing format on the remote,
    best to stick with native off and 1080i strech constant (well at least i prefer that)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.