1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My HR34 continues changing channels even when I finish channel surfing.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mkdtv21, Feb 11, 2014.

1. mkdtv21

mkdtv21 Legend

May 27, 2007
    Since the last two updates on my HR34 if I channel surf for a while constantly hitting channel up, when I stop hitting it it will still continue to change channels going up and won't stop until I hit the channel button again. It is really annoying since I like to surf through all the channels all the time. Is this an issue with the current updates or is it something with my receiver.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Are you sure is not just the button getting stuck?

3. mkdtv21

mkdtv21 Legend

May 27, 2007
    I don't think its the button because when I release the button it doesn't stay down. Could it be something internally wrong with the remote? So I guess no one else has this issue with their Genie.

4. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
  5. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    It probably hasn't been talked about much, because most people don't "Channel Surf" anymore. Now days most peope "Guide Surf" instead, they bring up the guide and then page through it looking for something they want to watch and then just change directly to that channel. That or they are like me and the majority of their viewing is done watching recordings off their DVR. I don't really even "Guide Surf" unless I am just looking to put something on the TV more as background noise when I am too busy to really give it 100% of my attention.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Have you tried getting the Guide on the screen and then use the Channel Up or Down to jump a page at a time ? This way you can read the titles and if something looks interesting go to it using the arrow buttons.

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    That is a fine idea.

I gave up channel surfing once there was a scrollable Guide.

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If you are a channel surfer, then satellite tv is probably not the best service for you. I have been with Directv since 97, and I qucikly became a guide surfer if I was looking for something watch as has been suggested by others.