1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My HR34 Genie has no you-tube ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tiger Tony, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    Had a Genie HR34 and 2 clients installed this past Saturday. There is no You-tube in Extras. All the other things are there and Pandora is there and working..

I still have my HR20-700 and it has all the stuff in Extras including You-tube.
    Also, I'm unable to pull up apps on the Genie. I get the "loading apps this may take a moment" message.

It is not my wireless connection or the router they are working perfectly.

Why is this, what should I do?

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    youtube often takes several days to appear on a new install....

3. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    How is your HR34 connected to the internet/home network?

Have you run a system test or used "test connection" under network setup?

4. Dahammer

Dahammer Cool Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Youtube is there on my HR34, but doesn't work. Mine has been installed for 3 weeks or so now and has never worked. I have a thread on it. From what I've read elsewhere, it is a bug in the software that they are aware of but have not yet fixed.

5. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot Godfather

Jan 6, 2009
    Do you have Channel Icons of the Individual Channels?

6. atlrep

atlrep New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Reset and enter 02468 on the remote when hello screen appears, it will force lastest version update, if it hasnt done so already.

7. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    It seems safe to assume that it is connected the same way the HR20 is connected.

8. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    Yes, same way. A router to wireless bridge connected to HR34

9. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    Are you sure? I think doing that will take me to the current national release, not the latest version. But I could be wrong.

10. Dahammer

Dahammer Cool Member

Aug 14, 2011
    It seems as if they have fixed this issue, as mine is working now.

11. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    You are correct, Mr. Tiger!

IIRC, if you can conveniently do so, test by removing the wireless from the mix and go hardwired.

12. SomeRandomIdiot

Jan 6, 2009
    If your issue is with the latest national relase, you have posted in the correct place.

If your problem is about the latest beta version, which it seems from your comment above, you are NOT posting in the correct place.

13. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    This is the correct place for my issue. I did not download a ce. In initial setup of hr34 it searched and found the current national release. Reseting with 02468 would only reload that version. So what good would that do?

14. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Tony-

Are you set now? Did you try removing the wireless (in spite of it seeming to be "working".)?

15. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    No, it would be a big problem to test it that way. But i guess i might have to. Althought im pretty convinced that my wireless is working perfectly. Im hoping to wait it out and it will appear on its own.

16. SomeRandomIdiot

Jan 6, 2009
    I suspect the additional software did not download - but that is just a guess - as you did not answer the earlier questions that would have confirmed that. Unfortunately, there is no way that I am aware of to force it to download either. There is a real problem with this and HR34s that most power users here are unaware of since they download every beta.

17. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Power users at this site with extensive experience on the HR34 have forgotten more about that unit than most other users will ever know.

Tony's issue could have a very simple explanation, and likely does.

Since he is running the mainstream firmware, and specifically discussed his wireless bridge network situation...that is more in play than anything else as others have posted.

18. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    OK, I checked Extras this morning not only did I not have You-tube but Pandora had disappeared.

Just now I decided to do what "SomeRandomIdiot" suggested and reset using 02468. and let it search for software. Nothing to lose, what could it hurt, worth a try.

Guess what it worked. I now have You-tube, Pandora and all the other stuff in Extras. :hurah:

Thanks to all that offered suggestions.

19. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    OK, I checked Extras this morning not only did I not have You-tube but Pandora had disappeared.

Just now I decided to do what "SomeRandomIdiot" suggested and reset using 02468. and let it search for software. Nothing to lose, what could it hurt, worth a try.

Guess what it worked. I now have You-tube, Pandora and all the other stuff in Extras. :hurah:

Thanks to all that offered suggestions.

20. ebox4greg

ebox4greg AllStar

Dec 2, 2012
    Youtube will appear AFTER Pandora typically.

Youtube may appear later, but sometimes state network issues (although you are connected to the internet and Pandora works).

its a time and wait thing, Day after Youtube first appeared, it worked after rebooting the C31.