1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My Installation of MRV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by sturub, May 23, 2010.

1. sturub

sturub Mentor

Sep 16, 2006
    Tech arrives at 3:45 -

he must upgrade 2 d10s to d12
    he must swap a r15 to hr24
    then must connect total of 6 hd dvr and 2 hd and 2 non hd receivers
    hr20-700 - 3
    hr21 - 2
    hr 24 - 1
    d12 - 2
    h21 - 2

comes in with 5 deca boxes - checks out configuration. Calls in to his office needing 2 8 way splitters and swm 16 box.
    then he does the swaps first and notices that my 103 signals are low. changes out LNB, then swaps the entire dish.
    after dish is in - supervisor has the swm and splitters and they go to work.

i helped with the router and did that while they worked in the closet. when attached everything worked, all networked, and am in process of renaming all my dvrs.

they did an amazing job.. new the equipment, new how it worked and how to attach it. great guys too.

took them about 4 hours. really worked hard and cared about everything. I made sure i tipped them well.

great experience........i live in baltimore.

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Good to hear, sounds like these installs are starting to go much better. I would imagine that that trend will continue.

3. WestDC

WestDC DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    That is one of the D* TV OWNED HSP Area. That might difference.:)