1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My IPAD wont find my receivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by habudab, Aug 16, 2012.

1. habudab

habudab Legend

Nov 6, 2006
    i read other places on this site, and i still cant figure out my problem... i checked the following:

1. IP address on all receivers( first three sets of numbers match My IPAD)..

2. I allowed External source

3. Internet connection is available on all HDDVRS

4. IPAD found all my receivers, but could not connect to network..

5. I tried manually entering in the IP address for each receiver, but it just searches for the receiver, it wont validate it???

Any other suggestions out there?

thanks in advance...

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Try running this command on your iPad, from Safari.

http://<ipaddress_of_receiver>:8080/info/getVersion

This will try to make the connection between your iPad Safari browser and your receiver.

If it is successfull, you will see a data output display, that will give info about your receivers.... (Don't post it, just let me know if it is successfully... you can PM me the details if you are not sure).

If that test doesn't work, your iPad and receivers may still be on two different networks, depending on how your router is setup (or your WiFi connection is blocked from your local LAN traffic).....

With so many different routers, and newer ones being more and more locked down out of the box... it can be a bunch of different things.

3. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
  4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    That's a very cool tip, Earl!