1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My local CW

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by millertime, Sep 13, 2012.

1. millertime

millertime Godfather

Sep 2, 2007
    We here in kalamazoo, MI are lucky enough to now have our CW broadcast in HD
    Will this increase the chances of D* lighting this up or have no effect what so ever?

2. maartena

maartena Hall Of Fame

Nov 1, 2010
    Yes it will. Under the "Carry one, carry all" ruling, televison carriers that carry ONE HD local in a DMA, must carry all of them before 2013. So there is a good chance you will get your CW in HD in a matter of time.

3. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    ... before February 2013.

I still don't know how these rules affect WWMT-DT2 (The CW - Kalamazoo, MI) though. If they provide an HD feed of The CW to cablecos and satcos, but do not offer it in HD OTA, there is no requirement to carry it. If it's provided in HD on their sub-channel, does it mean that the satcos are forced to carry both of the stations' HD channels, or are they just required to carry one?!

Too many questions... but February is fast approaching, so it won't be long before we find out.

~Alan

4. SParker

SParker New Member

Apr 27, 2002
    We do? Cable only I assume? If not what channel is it on OTA? I would guess you're talking about the GR/Kzoo/Battle Creek DMA?

5. millertime

millertime Godfather

Sep 2, 2007
    Yes cable only for now its digital 781 I seem to remember a few telling me this would never happen huh! Anyway let's hope it falls under carry one carry all

6. SParker

SParker New Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Would be nice but I'm not going to hold my breath. Hope I'm wrong and it does come online via Directv.

7. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    It has to be broadcast in HD for it to fall under the Carry One, Carry All agreement. DirecTV could carry it at any time, but they don't have to...

I'm in the same boat. My local ABC affiliate is a sub-channel of the NBC affiliate. 480i over the air and HD on Mediacom and Dish Network, but DirecTV only carries it in SD.

~Alan

8. millertime

millertime Godfather

Sep 2, 2007
    Hell I'd settle for it in SD but D* never added that. Maybe now they will be forced to. Time will tell I guess. I wish there was a way I could get some more clarity on this. You know contacting D* won't do any good. I guess i could send an email to the station.

9. millertime

millertime Godfather

Sep 2, 2007
    D* response is even if its HD we don't have to carry it, however we are looking at possibly adding "something" in the next few months! Whatever that means. I am still waiting for the stations response to my email.

10. SParker

SParker New Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Hmmmm. Interesting, I would like a CW HD.

11. millertime

millertime Godfather

Sep 2, 2007
    Me too keep fingers crossed